Can you believe that Christmas is just 20 days away? Are you ready? I have to say I am not. I have 2 gift purchased thus far. But I have to say I do have my Christmas Binder and I’m ready to move forward … a little faster.
- Create a Holiday Binder. In that Binder, you could have sections such as:
- “To Do” Lists
- Gift Lists
On your “To Do” list you could have things to do such as:
- Rooms to Prepare
- While I’m out and about
- Meals to make and freeze
- Holiday Tasks to Accomplish
- Gift shopping list
- Outfits to purchase
- Groceries to buy
- Consider putting off big projects until after the New Year. Don’t think about renovating a room at this time.
- Do some light de-cluttering. Do you have rooms to prepare for guests?
- Create realistic deadlines for your projects and don’t leave them for the week before Christmas
- Take inventory of what you have for the Holidays and make a list of what you need to purchase. Take that list with you when “you are out and about”.
- Buy a Christmas journal
- Make list of everyone you need to buy for
- In pencil write your ideas
- Then in pen write what you actually purchased
- Keep a new page for each year
- Toys, toys and more toys – have your youngsters go through their toys and purge. Get rid of the toys that are broken (put in the trash) or toys they have outgrown (considering donating – if in good shape).
- Leave time for everyday chores and activities. Remember you still need to manage your home.
- Consider hiring a housekeeper or be sure to call in the help (the younger ones can be helpful).
- Let extended family member’s help. When they offer to bring a “dish”, let them!!
- Have a gift wrapping party or a gift wrapping center where all your items needed to wrap gifts are in one place.
- Have decorations that you haven’t used in years. Consider tossing, giving away or donating.
- Take photos of decorated rooms so you can remember year to year how it is decorated.
- Keep track of gifts purchased and more specifically where you hid them.
- Have an un-decorating party. Have pizza, make chili, bring up the Rubbermaid boxes and off you go to getting your house back in pre-Holiday shape!
Wishing you the Merriest Christmas and the most Blessed 2017!
Your Organizing Expert … Believing in You!