Our computers can be extremely valuable tools in our lives, but they can also become inadvertently overloaded with clutter. It is very easy to clutter a computer, because the clutter can be easily hidden from view.
However, clutter can make your computer run slower, make it more difficult to find what you need, and make life more challenging. Take a few steps to reduce computer clutter.
- Get in the habit of creating files and folders – and using them.
- Use an organizational system that makes sense to you, not because someone else uses it. It must work for you.
- Do your best to not store folders and documents on your desktop. Store or file them either in Word Documents, Excel, PowerPoint, or wherever it deems appropriate.
- Make sure you back up your data regularly. You can either back it up in the clouds with services like Back Blaze, Drop box, Google Drive (to name a few). Or backup on an External Hard Drive.
- Use anti-virus software to keep your information safe and secure.
- Print screen shots for easy hand held references you can file in your desk.
- If you have people sharing one computer, create different user screens.
- At least twice a year spend time cleaning your computer and deleting unnecessary documents or pictures.
If de-cluttering your computer seems overwhelming, reach out and let’s set some time to get your computer back in order.
Your Organizing Expert … Believing in You!