It is really hard to believe that Thanksgiving was just 4 days ago and Christmas is a little over 3 weeks away AND I’m not ready … at least with my shopping. I have purchased two gifts thus far but have still a whole list to go. Last night I sat down to begin putting together my dinner menu for Christmas Eve. Being polish we have a dinner celebration called Wigilia. But a few years ago, I decided to try different culture’s traditions. I have a friend who is Norwegian and her family joins us on Christmas Eve. So we did a Norwegian Christmas Eve. Last year we did Italian. This year I was thinking perhaps British and trying those Yorkshire Puddings. My menu is partially done but not 100% decided yet.
But there are other chores and tasks that need to be accomplished so your Christmas can be a success. So I’ve made a list, checked it twice and hope it will make your load lighter!
- Decide on your budget for Christmas gifts.
- Make your Christmas gift-shopping list. Remember keeping track of what you buy family and friends each year is helpful. Also, track what you spend.
- Schedule your shopping days but consider doing some “on-line” shopping.
- Decide on a place for storing all your Christmas shopping receipts.
- Purchase wrapping paper, Christmas cards and stamps.
- Wrap gifts as you purchase them.
- Purchase and wrap “on hand” gifts for unexpected guests.
- Write out your Christmas cards.
- Take your family Christmas photo.
- Plan, schedule and invite those for the Christmas parties you host.
- Schedule babysitter for the Christmas parties you attend.
- De-clutter house to make room for Christmas decorations … and decorate.
- Decorate outside.
- Put up your Christmas tree if you use artificial. Purchase Christmas tree if you have fresh. Then decorate.
- Review your Christmas cookie list.
- Review your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner.
- Check on ingredients and make list of what you need to purchase.
- Begin to purchase ‘non-perishable’ foods.
- Make meals and freeze for those busy times closer to Christmas.
- Re-charge or purchase batteries for your cameras or special gifts.
- Upload pictures from your phone or camera to be sure you have space to take more pictures.
- Prepare your guest room for your Christmas guests.
- Clean out the refrigerator to be sure you have room for your Christmas meals.
- Purchase your ‘perishable’ foods.
- Set the table.
- Set a schedule and cooking times for your Christmas meals.
- Remember to have some down time to recharge.
- Lastly, remember the reason for the season!!!
Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas! I hope all your dreams for this Christmas season will come true.
Your Organizing Expert … Believing in You!