With Christmas only 9 days away, many are feeling the stress of this Holiday coming upon them. I don’t believe when Christians starting celebrating the birth of Christ, that all the consumerism and stresses where something that was intended.
For Christians, this should be a time of celebration and joy of the birth of Christ. Knowing that God so loved us that He sent His son to come to this earth to be a Savior for mankind. It’s a joyful time. It’s family time. It’s fellowship time. It’s a time of worship, peace and love. Yet many feel the impact of the consumerism and commercialization of the special day. They feeling the pressure to out perform and outspend what they may have initially intended.
They feel like they need to spend a tremendous amount of money buying gifts that might not even be needed, wanted or even appreciated. Then only to look at the credit card statements at the first of the year to realize they overspent.
If you did overspend and you really can’t return items that might be unnecessary or perhaps too extravagant, what can you do moving forward to perhaps cut back on spending in other areas?
Well here are a 10 Money Saving ideas:
- Stop stopping at Starbucks for that Latte or Frappuccino.
- Cut back on the purchase of iTunes and listen to what you currently own.
- Stay off eBay looking for bargains.
- Don’t go shopping the day after Christmas to look for those “special sales.”
- Consider delaying your home improvement projects for later in 2016.
- Stop eating out and eat at home. It’s actually healthier for you.
- Save on gas and let January be a “stay at home month” for the kids. No running them around.
- Cut back on your Cable TV bill. Do you really watch all those channels?
- Bring your lunch to work and don’t eat out.
- When you go grocery shopping, go with a list and try your best to stick to it.
Put all loose change in a jar or bucket. At the end of 6 or 12 months, count it out and treat you and your family to a special dinner … whether eating out or making at home.
Hope you enjoy this Christmas Season and that it will be a special time for you and your family.
Your Organizing Expert …. Believing in You!