- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon ground flax optional
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- coconut sugar optional to sprinkle on top
- Himalayan Pink Salt optional to sprinkle on top
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats and coconut flakes well and set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, combine the honey, coconut oil, almond butter, and cocoa, stirring continuously until the mixture is mixed evenly.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract, stirring until well combined.
- Add in the oats and coconut flakes (and flax if desired), stirring continuously until mixture becomes thick.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the cookie sheets.
- Pace the cookie sheets in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until you're ready to serve.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer and allow them to thaw for 5 minutes before serving. Store any leftover cookies in a sealed container in the freezer.