Fabulous soup from the Cookbook — Cooking for Hormone Balance by Magdalena Wszelaki
- 6 - 8 slices bacon cut widthwise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large leek, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled carrot finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups Bone Broth
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 pound fresh oyster mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 handful microgreens for garnish
Servings: 6 - 8
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove the bacon bits and set aside. Leave the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the leek, celery, and carrot and cook uncovered until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cremini and shiitake mushrooms; cook uncovered until reduced in size by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tarragon, thyme, ad salt and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and coconut aminos, Scrap the bottom of the pot to loosen any bits of vegetables, and the bring the soup to a boil on high heat. Reduce to medium-high heat, add oyster mushrooms, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn of the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with the bacon bits and microgreens.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.