Allergy season is upon us as we are moving into Spring as trees, grasses and flowers are starting to bloom.
Last week I sent an email titled One Way to Rid Yourself of Allergies. If you missed that email, you could read it on my Blog post link here. It was a short email and had a link to some Immune Supporting Recipes because your Immune System is key to rid yourself of allergies. But I don’t want to get ahead of myself.
Importance of your Immune System
Do you understand why you are dealing with allergies in the Spring and for many in the fall? Well first your Immune System is on overload trying to prevent invaders from entering your body. See allergens like bee pollen, animal dander, dust mites, plants, grasses are not bacteria or a virus, yet they do havoc on your Immune System. Your Immune System looks at those allergens as invaders and harmful ones at that. So, your Immune System kicks in high gear to counter that attack.
It begins to create allergic reactions to stop these invaders from entering your body. The cells in your body send out something called histamine. Histamine causes your blood vessels to expand and send out symptoms like coughing, watery eyes, sneezing, itchy eyes or nose.
Importance of your Microbiome
What does all this say? It is critical that your Immune System is strong and supported in a healthy way. Also, it’s important that your Gut Biome is healthy, and you do not have something called “leaky gut.” What is your Gut Biome or your Microbiome? It is made up of trillions of bacteria, microbes and fungi. It plays a critical role in your health by supporting your Immune System as well as other aspects of your health. But for now, let’s just focus on your Immune System.
When you have “leaky gut” it means your gut lining is weak and will cause the nutrients in your gut to get outside your gut and into your blood stream. Your bloodstream should not be having these nutrients floating in your blood stream as they belong in your gut.
Know that you can heal your allergies but it’s going to take some time to get your Immune System strong and your gut in balance and allergy season is here. So, I’m going to talk to you about what are some natural ways to alleviate your symptoms. But trust me I’m a firm believer that you deal with the root and focus on healing your allergies.
- Begin to support your Immune System.
- Be sure you really look at the food you are eating and remove ALL processed foods, chemical ridden foods, foods with dyes, preservatives and sugar. Many people have gluten issues, but I believe it’s from the way the wheat is processed that is causing that to be an issue. But you might want to consider removing wheat also.
- You can begin to support your Immune System with supplements such as Zinc, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C to name a few. But also consider using Essential Oils. Good Essential Oils that are harvested and distilled probably can be a very strong support to bring you allergic relief.
What are some of those oils? Get your list of supportive Essential Oils for your allergies by clicking here.
- Do your best to remove allergens from your environment.
- Keep windows closed.
- Be sure to keep dust in the house at a minimum (clean often).
- Remove toxic cleaning products from your home.
- Remove toxic body care products.
- Take your shoes off before entering the house.
- Change your bed linens frequently.
- Take a shower before bed and apply immune supporting EO.
What are some ways you can use your oils?
- Make an Inhaler
- Make a room spray and spray the room you are in and your bed linen before bed.
- Create steam blends. Put a drop of EO in a bowl of steaming water, close your eyes, lean over it and breath. Eucalyptus is a good oil for this.
- Create Body oils or lotions.
- Soak in the bath with applicable essential oils.
I hope this sheds a little light for you and will give you some support as the allergy season is kicking in full force. As you consider these natural support methods, truly consider working on your gut and Immune System to be done with allergies forever.
If you would like to consider using Essential oils, here is a link to get you started. I am an avid user of doTerra Essential Oils as I trust their growing, distillation and overall processing of these plants and trees into EOs. Remember doTerra has waived its membership fee for the first year so for any size order you can get Wholesale prices without paying the $35 Membership Fee.
Do you need some support in helping you make those changes in your life to finally be done with allergies? Then schedule time to chat with me to see how we can work together by clicking this link? Schedule that free call by clicking here!
So be blessed, be encouraged and please be healthy!
Your Spiritual Life & Health Coach … believing in you!