I LOVE bananas but they must be at a certain ripeness or else I don’t like them. For me they must be just turning yellow. They can even have a slight green on the skin. That’s the perfect banana for me. Once they really start to ripen, I don’t like them. I think because they get too sweet for me.
What is the significance to eating bananas?
Well, they provide you with Potassium. One average size banana can give you 500 mg of Potassium. I know many people say to stay away from bananas because they are high in sugar. Frankly, that depends first on their level of ripeness. I have a chart below that shows the different levels of sugar in a banana depending on their level of ripeness. But understand this. Sugar from a banana is not the same as that highly chemicalized white stuff we eat.
I get frustrated when people are told to stay away from a food … a God created food. God created a banana and for a very good reason. When doctors tell people to stay away from it because they are high in sugar yet tell them to take Splenda, Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners, I’ve lost respect. God made no mistakes in all He designed and created, and we should eat everything in moderation.
So, eating bananas to me are very healthy.
What does it look like to be deficient in Potassium?
- Dry skin
- Impaired cognitive function
- Muscle spasms
- Decreased reflex response
- Glucose intolerance
- Elevated cholesterol
- Decreased blood pressure
We need Potassium for our blood, heart, kidneys, muscles, nerves and health of our skin.
I found this Chart about bananas.
It shows their level of ripeness along with their level of sugar. You might find it interesting as well.
Now understand that because a banana is too ripe to eat, I DO NOT throw them away. I peel them, put them in a container (3 at a time) and place them in the freezer. When I want Banana Bread, I have the perfect bananas for that … and I have the perfect banana bread recipe. Would you like the recipe? Well, I’m sharing it below.
As you move forward in 2024 and think about bettering your health, remember:
- To eat food the way God created it.
- Eat food in its natural form as much as possible.
- Remove all processed foods … especially those full of chemicals.
- Stay away from additives, preservatives, and colorings.
- Eat in moderation and stop when you are full.
- Try your best to make your meals from scratch. (Even be careful with these meal buying groups)
- Don’t go on a “diet”. Just put real food in your body.
- Be careful with labels that say “natural.” It’s not.
- If you want to eat organic, know that a food can be labeled organic but have 30 % of the ingredients as conventional. For 100% organic it must say 100% Organic.
- READ ALL LABELS. Even if you are used to buying a product and believe it was “clean.” Read the label. Manufacturers change their ingredients all the time.
Would you like to do a “Pantry Clean Out”, but you need some help, please reach out. I have a Detox your Kitchen program that will help get your kitchen safe!
Your Spiritual Life & Health Coach … believing in you
PS: “Did a friend send you this Blog Post? Click here to receive notifications!” Then you will receive Your First Step Towards Your Fresh Start! And be on my list of Revivors to receive weekly encouragement, love and support.
PSS If you have a question, you can email me at [email protected]. I respond to every email I receive, and who knows your question just may be one of my Podcast topics.
PSSS To obtain more information about my Life Coaching Program, click here.